Charitable HealthCare Network: Affordable Care Act Navigator
|Location:||Troy, OH 45373|
|Name:||Health Partners Free Clinic|
|Job Title:||Certified Insurance Marketplace Navigator|
|Grant Period:||9/1/2021 – 8/31/2022|
|Starting Salary:||$15.00 per hour|
|Hour Bank Allotted for Grant Period:||1,560 hours||30 hours per week (average)|
|Benefits:||7 Paid CHN recognized holidays
60 hours paid vacation time
25 hours paid sick leave
|Direct Supervisor:||Stephanie Morris,
Development Director at Health Partners Free Clinic
937.332.0894 ext. 207
Charitable Healthcare Network (CHN) is responsible for coordinating all outreach and collaborative efforts for the Affordable Care Act Navigator Program within the organization and as part of the Navigator Cooperative Agreement consortium. CHN is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of the Navigator Program. This job also requires that the training curriculum is being followed along with the required Standard Operation Procedures. This does include hosting community events, facilitating enrollment in qualified health plans through the Federal Marketplace, providing referrals and ensuring all individuals within the community have access in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate.
Essential Job Functions/Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Attend online training, review, and pass all exams required by navigators according to federal statute, by due date given.
- Maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications and conduct public education activities to raise awareness.
- Coordinate outreach efforts and promote the Affordable Care Act providing information in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner. This also includes:
- Recruit organizations to host events for informational sessions and fulfill speaking engagements
- Facilitate meetings with community organizations, small businesses, and government offices
- Assist consumers by facilitating enrollment in qualified health plans, without suggesting that an individual select a particular plan and deliver those services in adherence to culturally and linguistically appropriate standards.
- Services must be delivered in a way accessible for people with disabilities.
- Work with partner organizations to increase enrollment opportunities in the marketplace
- Assist with outreach strategies and media events
- Assist in forming collaborations that increase enrollment opportunities
- Organize enrollment events and other types of outreach and educational events potentially in conjunction with state-wide benefit and tax campaigns.
- Engage partners in clinic undertakings, planning, collaborative efforts
- Building local outreach coalitions
- Protect Personally Identifiable information as related to the navigator standards and federal and state regulations.
– Complete all required reporting by the assigned due date.
- Continually improve understanding of the Affordable Care Act and other healthcare programs, including how they are administered, budgeted for, eligibility guidelines and how they are received.
- Be aware of and report any potential conflicts of interest in accordance with both state and federal regulations.
-Navigator trainings/meetings will be held throughout the grant and are MANDATORY.
-They will be held in the Columbus area
- CHN will reimburse any travel required by the Navigator position at the federal rate of: .58 cents per mile.
- Navigator will be required to assist counties/communities outside of their host site.
- Additional counties you should expect to have a presence in (once a week during Open Enrollment, every other week outside Open Enrollment. This will be adjusted on an as needed basis):
- Please contact the CHN prior to any travel for approval, exceptions being: mandatory training/meetings held by the Consortium or the OAFC, and county coverage listed above.
– Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed and submitted the application and disclosure form required. Have declared, under penalty of refusal, suspension, or revocation of the insurance navigator’s certification, that the statements made in the form are true, correct, and complete to the best of the applicant’s knowledge and belief.
- Submit to an FBI and BCI background check to be provided to the Ohio Department of Insurance for certification and approval.
- Technical experience with laptops, wireless cards, Webinar’s, USB ports and flash drives
- Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-Point proficient, as well as internet navigation skil
- Some light lifting.
- Problem solving, analytical skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; degree preferred but not required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends.
- At least one year of experience working in moderate and low income communities.
- CHN will pay all costs involved in FBI and BCI background checks
- CHN will verify training and certification
- Overtime will not be paid. Schedules must be arranged to ensure that employees do NOT exceed 40 hours a week. If you feel this may happen, you must contact your Program Director prior.